Location: Oklahoma City - OK
Architect: Raymond Carter
Build Year: 1984

Oklahoma Museum of Art Gate

Frank and Merle Buttram constructed their grand, 30 room mansion in the heart of Nichols Hills in 1937 and after their deaths, a group purchased the estate in 1975 and donated it to the Oklahoma Museum of Art. In 1989, the museum merged with the Oklahoma Art Center to form the Oklahoma City Museum of Art, which is now located downtown. This gate was designed to advertise the Oklahoma Museum of Art and it is still in place, even though the former museum is once again a private residence.

OKC Museum of Art Entrance Gate

(photo courtesy of the Oklahoma History Center)